TOC Master Class
TOC Master Class with
June – July 2022
Virtual sessions over Zoom
Theory of Constraints (TOC)
TOC is a management philosophy that treats a corporation as an interlinked, interdependent system rather than just a collection of independent processes or functions. Dr. Eli Goldratt, the creator of TOC, observed that just as the strength of a chain is dictated by its weakest link, the overall performance of any company is dictated by its constraint. If you can find a way to manage the constraint you can dramatically increase sales, profit, and cash without any significant investment.
TOC provides a simple and effective process for system improvement or five focusing steps, outlined below:
IDENTIFY the constraint
Decide how to EXPLOIT the constraint
SUBORDINATE all policies, decisions and procedures to exploiting the constraint
ELEVATE the constraint. If we need more output from the constraint, elevate it
Avoid INERTIA. If in a previous step constraint shifts, go back to step 1
TOC MASTERCLASS DETAILS
TOC MASTERCLASS is a unique program that has helped several business owners to improve their sales, profit and cash flow during today’s turbulent times.
The sessions will be interactive, the format will be a hands-on workshop with live examples from the participants, providing tangible take-aways and actions that teams can take going forward. Presentation, templates, and support material (soft copies) will be provided to participants to ensure that they can use the learnings in their business going forward.
The training program will be conducted over 5 modules.
Each module will be of 4 hours.
INR 50,000 + 18% GST per participant for 5 modules.
EUR 625 per person for participants outside India.
Who should attend
Promoters, Owners, CEO/MD, CFO, Business Heads, Supply Chain Heads.
|Module 1||TOC Fundamentals||15 June 2022 (Wednesday) 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Module 2||TOC Applications||22 June 2022 (Wednesday) 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Module 3||Supply Chain Planning||29 June 2022 (Wednesday) 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Module 4||TOC for Operations||6 July 2022 (Wednesday) 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Module 5||Weekly Review Process & Product Mix Decisions||13 July 2022 (Wednesday) 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
BONUS FOLLOW UP SESSION
4 weeks after completion of program : 10 August 2022 (Wednesday)
Registration of participants will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Please send nominations to email@example.com or call on +91 97402 99804; +91 96320 18261 for more details
Agenda and Key Takeaways
Module 1: TOC Fundamentals
- Goal of the company
- Role of each member of a team
- Alignment on the goal of the company and its metrics
- Financial measurements for the goal – Profit, Return on Investment, Free Cash Flow
- TOC metrics – Throughput, Investment and Operating Expenses (T,I,OE)
- Importance of Free Cash Flow
Module 2: TOC Applications
- Five Focusing Steps
- Constraint Identification
- Examples from case studies
- Constraints vs. Obstacles
- Constraint as a leverage point
Module 3: TOC for Supply Chain Planning – 1
- Q&A and interactive session on concepts covered so far
- Discussion on the current constraints and priorities, tangible actions to be taken for all participating companies
- TOC Application for Inventory Reduction
- Eliminating raw material shortages without increasing inventory
- Reliable Rapid Replenishment
Module 4: TOC for Supply Chain Planning – 2
- TOC Application for Inventory Reduction (WIP, FG)
- How to reduce WIP based on TOC principles
- Drum Buffer Rope: TOC Solution for production scheduling
- Managing Finished Goods Inventory
- Delivery Reliability and its impact on sales and profit
Module 5: Weekly Review Process & Product Mix Decisions
- Key parameters (3-5) to be reviewed on weekly basis
- What “not” to measure
- Concept of Better than Before: 13 week moving average
- Taking product mix decisions to increase throughput and cash flow
- How to prepare your weekly scoreboard
Ira Gilani is a management consultant with over 16 years of experience across pharmaceuticals, apparel, aerospace, steel, communications and technology sectors. Prior to her role as Director at Goldratt Bharat, Ira was a Consultant at Accenture Strategy. At Accenture, she worked extensively with Indian as well as global clients. Ira is an MBA from IIFT, New Delhi.
Ira is a TOCICO (Theory of Constraints International Certification Organization) certified expert. She has been trained in TOC Thinking Processes at Goldratt’s Odyssey program at Netherlands. She has been practicing these tools for over 10 years, and has conducted inhouse workshops at companies such as Sanofi, Flipkart, NTPC, Tata Group, Airtel, Mahindra & Mahindra, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Ms. Ira Gilani
Director, Goldratt Bharat
Director, Goldratt Bharat
TOC Implementation in Indian Companies
MR. NAVEEN JINDAL
..You have helped us in improving cash through reduction in receivables, inventories, export incentives etc. Net impact of these efforts has been reduction in gross working capital by Rs. 1100 Crores in 2016-17. This reduction is over and above the reduction of Rs. 2500 Crores achieved in 2015-16. In all, we have reduced our gross working capital by 56% despite increasing sales.
Today we can proudly say that TOC is the single biggest reason for the turnaround of Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL).”
JSPL has been practicing TOC principles for the last 5 years and is well on its way to becoming a debt free company. The company has reduced debt by over Rs 25000 crores in the last 4 years. Mr. Naveen Jindal, Chairman, JSPL shares their experience in this short video: