TOC Master Class
TOC Master Class with
June – July 2023
Virtual sessions over Zoom
Theory of Constraints (TOC)
TOC is a management philosophy that treats a corporation as an interlinked, interdependent system rather than just a collection of independent processes or functions. Dr. Eli Goldratt, the creator of TOC, observed that just as the strength of a chain is dictated by its weakest link, the overall performance of any company is dictated by its constraint. If you can find a way to manage the constraint you can dramatically increase sales, profit, and cash without any significant investment.
TOC provides a simple and effective process for system improvement or five focusing steps, outlined below:
IDENTIFY the constraint
Decide how to EXPLOIT the constraint
SUBORDINATE all policies, decisions and procedures to exploiting the constraint
ELEVATE the constraint. If we need more output from the constraint, elevate it
Avoid INERTIA. If in a previous step constraint shifts, go back to step 1
TOC MASTERCLASS DETAILS
TOC MASTERCLASS is a unique program that has helped several business owners to improve their sales, profit and cash flow during today’s turbulent times.
The sessions will be interactive, the format will be a hands-on workshop with live examples from the participants, providing tangible take-aways and actions that teams can take going forward. Presentation, templates, and support material (soft copies) will be provided to participants to ensure that they can use the learnings in their business going forward.
EUR 890 per person for participants outside India
Who should attend
|Module 1||TOC Fundamentals||14 June 2023 (Wednesday) 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Module 2||Weekly Review Process & Product Mix Decisions||21 June 2023 (Wednesday) 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Module 3||TOC Applications||28 June 2023 (Wednesday) 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Module 4||Supply Chain Planning||5 July 2023 (Wednesday) 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Module 5||TOC for Operations||12 July 2023 (Wednesday) 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
Lunch break from 1:30PM to 2:30PM
Certificate will be provided on completion of the program.
Registration of participants will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +91 97402 99804; +91 96320 18261 for more details
Agenda and Key Takeaways
Module 1: TOC Fundamentals
- Goal of the company
- Role of each member of a team
- Alignment on the goal of the company and its metrics
- Financial measurements for the goal – Profit, Return on Investment, Free Cash Flow
- TOC metrics – Throughput, Investment and Operating Expenses (T,I,OE)
- Importance of Free Cash Flow
Module 2: Weekly Review Process and Product Mix Decisions
- Key parameters (3-5) to be reviewed on weekly basis
- What “not” to measure
- Concept of Better than Before: 13 week moving average
- Taking product mix decisions to increase throughput and cash flow
- How to prepare your weekly scoreboard
Module 3: TOC Applications
- Five Focusing Steps
- Constraint Identification
- Examples from case studies
- Constraints vs. Obstacles
- Constraint as a leverage point
Module 4: Supply Chain Planning
- Discussion on the current constraints and priorities, tangible actions to be taken for all participating companies
- TOC Application for Inventory Reduction
- Eliminating raw material shortages without increasing inventory
- Reliable Rapid Replenishment
- Managing Finished Goods Inventory
Module 5: TOC for Operations
- How to reduce WIP based on TOC principles
- Importance of Full Kit and guidelines for implementation
- Drum Buffer Rope: TOC Solution for production scheduling
- Delivery Reliability and its impact on sales and profit
Ravi Gilani is globally renowned as the foremost expert in cash constraint, and helps companies to improve their cash flow dramatically in a few weeks. Ravi introduced TOC to Indian companies in 1998. He is the only Indian citizen to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from TOCICO for his contribution to the industry.
Ravi has regularly shared his ground breaking knowledge of managing cash constraint at the TOCICO International conferences since 2006. Ravi is also the pioneer and creator of several concepts such as Cash Velocity, Better than Before, Operational Free Cash Score – simple parameters that help people take the right decisions for corrective actions.
Founder & Managing Consultant Goldratt Bharat
Founder & Managing Consultant Goldratt Bharat
TOC Implementation in Indian Companies
MR. NAVEEN JINDAL
..You have helped us in improving cash through reduction in receivables, inventories, export incentives etc. Net impact of these efforts has been reduction in gross working capital by Rs. 1100 Crores in 2016-17. This reduction is over and above the reduction of Rs. 2500 Crores achieved in 2015-16. In all, we have reduced our gross working capital by 56% despite increasing sales.
Today we can proudly say that TOC is the single biggest reason for the turnaround of Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL).”
JSPL has been practicing TOC principles for the last 5 years and is well on its way to becoming a debt free company. The company has reduced debt by over Rs 25000 crores in the last 4 years. Mr. Naveen Jindal, Chairman, JSPL shares their experience in this short video: